Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Master Bedroom Concept

Yesterday, in the wake of all this progress, I realized our house may be finished this century. Then I thought 'damn, I haven't even really begun to think of what our master bedroom is gonna look like,' so then I got to thinking...

All I knew is that I wanted it to be calm and peaceful.

Rewind to about a year ago when I saw a red and white toile comforter, loved it, then never bought it and have regretted it ever since. Since that day, I've trolled bedding aisles in all of my favorite stores looking for it or something like it, to no avail. I think about it often (#whitneyproblems) with longing, but today I realized that it's probably for the best. Nothing is LESS peaceful and calm than the busiest patterned fabric ever (toile) in red, of all colors. I don't know for sure, but sleeping under red toile would probably give you headaches or nightmares... or both. To any men who might read my blog (god bless you), this is red and white toile:

Get it now?

Now that I've had my epiphany and decided to move on beyond toile, I've gone off the deep end in the other direction. I decided today - and I think this idea is going to stick - that our master should be all creams and whites, with touches of solid (not patterned) black as an accent. I might also throw in the (very) occasional blush pink accent too, but I'm not sure yet.

I also want an upholstered cream colored headboard, with buttons. A canopy bed (either traditional or creatively engineered by my creative engineer husband) would also be nice and I think it would add to the tranquility. A chandelier (maybe gold, maybe white, maybe ORB) is a must, but that's the one thing I've always known the room would need. The bedroom chandelier is one of the only chandeliers I didn't order through the builder already because I had no idea what I would do in our bedroom. We're also gonna need lots of accent pillows - duh - probably in either silky black or black with sequins. I already a bought a cream, rolled arm bench for the foot of the bed, which should be perf.

Here are some rooms that are all really close to what I'm thinking, many of which have engineered canopies:















Here are some pillows that would work:





Some curtain options (I think I'm leaning towards cream, since it should be the main color):

A rolled arm bench almost just like the one I bought (mine is a little lighter though):
My top chandelier choice so far, only $139 from Lampsplus.com (one of my favorite lighting sites):
The paint in the room, Sherwin Williams Sands of Time:
White hydrangeas (my favorite) will probably appear somewhere in this mix:

Thanks for looking barbs!

xox

2 comments:

  1. Nice Choices, Neutral colors are best for a clean soothing affect and feeling :) I've tried Whites, natural, now I'm more mixing with Gold because of my new four poster French canopy bed that had a French artistry to it with those color tones. But yes a canopy bed makes a room, and you can change out with either tie up certains or even a Fancy Canopy bed netting. Here are some ideas if.http://www.houzz.com/photos/bedroom/canopy-bed-/ls=4 And these Gorgeous canopy top nets!http://www.ebay.com/itm/Four-Poster-Bed-Deluxe-Balinese-Canopy-Muslin-Mosquito-Net-200cmx220cm-Cream-/230846924221?pt=AU_Bedding&hash=item35bf8c85bd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew where to buy that ruffled tan bed skirt! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...