Friday, August 1, 2014

Fashion & Food!

Hello dolls!

I thought it would be fun to share some of my new favorite pieces from my closet and some yummy things I've been lucky enough to eat lately.

For starters, these 4 items have been my summer essentials. The bag is a Michael Kors Hamilton in tan and brown. I got the sandals from Body Central for only $15(!!) and the fedora and pink aviators are both just great to have on hand.
I picked up this monogrammed t-shirt with a chevron pocket last weekend in Virginia. I'm not usually much of a t-shirt girl, but I'd been wanting one of these for awhile. I love how cute it is and had honestly forgotten how comfy t-shirts can be!
I've also definitely been overdoing the maxi skirts/crop top combo trend lately.  Maybe its the thought of childbearing approaching, but this summer I've felt compelled to wear crop tops every chance I have, while I still can.
 Fedora and pink aviators - overdoing it and simultaneously loving it.
I bought this fabulous little crop top in March and still haven't had a chance to wear it, but maybe something where this is appropriate will come up soon. In my boring, lawyer life though, I seriously doubt it.

 I just bought this pink and brown chevron wrap and I'm obsessed.

I've been meaning to upload this for awhile, but kept forgetting, but my friend Sarah's mom sewed this monogrammed chevron apron for me, from scratch! How adorable is it?! I think she could seriously start a business making these.

And what would a white girl's blog post on fashion be without a group duck face pic? This pic was taken at my best friend's glow in the dark bowling birthday party last weekend. Between the bar, the lighting and the music, it felt more like a bowling alley than a club. It was a really cool experience!

Last but not least, here are a few updated closet pics.



Now, on to the good stuff: the food.

I made these meatless, low-ish carb tacos the other night and LOVED them. Instead of hamburger, I used Morningstar Farms soy meat and instead of tortillas I used iceberg lettuce. I made long wild grain rice for a side and put avocado, corn, tomatoes, red onions, black beans and mozzarella on top. Major noms, if I do say so myself.
I also made a chopped salad, which took every bit of 2 hours to chop everything (which is exactly why I don't cook), but it was almost worth it, it was so good. It included: iceberg, cilantro, avocado, mozzarella, cheddar, red onions, white corn, yellow corn, red peppers, yellow peppers, orange peppers, croutons, tomatoes, black beans and southwest ranch dressing.


 Thanks for reading barbies! xox

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun post about your recent fashion and food finds! Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...