Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cabinets!!

Long alas, the BDH got its cabinets installed today! I have been dreaming about our kitchen cabinets for months, particularly our island, and today we finally got to see the real thing! The perimeter cabinets are antique white and the island cabinets' color is called java. We added the oven hood, spice rack and set of three pot drawers (in lieu of standard cabinets in that spot) to the standard kitchen. We also added the glass cabinets on the end of the island, and I'm proud to say that I already almost have enough cream & black china (a lot of which is black and cream diamond harlequin patterned) to fill them!

Here are some pictures of our newly cabinetted kitchen:








We still need our granite, flooring and the black chandelier over the island, but the cabinets really help me visualize the finished product!

Here are our master bathroom cabinets. I love my little vanity spot. I have a white skirted vanity chair for there already, which I found at Goodwill for $30! :)
 Here are the french doors that lead into our master bath:
 Here's our newly drywalled shower. You can't tell by this picture, but there's a light inside at the top. Right now it's set to be a recessed light, but I'm toying with the idea of putting a small chandelier in there. Half of me thinks the idea is nuts, the other half of me thinks its the best idea I've ever had.
 They also started to frame the rail for our spiral staircase today:
Exciting times at the BDH! Finally, the girly, pretty items are getting installed. More updates soon!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...